How to Clean Windows like a Pro!
Cleaning windows should be easy and require little time. Our Pinnacle aluminum clad wood windows and Next Dimension vinyl windows require little exterior maintenance; a mild rinsing is all that is needed. If your windows are in serious need of cleaning, whether for your residential or commercial needs, be sure to follow the tips below on how to clean your windows like a professional!
Supplies you will need:
- Microfiber cloth (or any dry cloth)
- Scrubbing pad
- Dish liquid & warm water (or a solution of your choice)
Steps to Clean your Windows:
1. Start off by using a dry cloth to wipe away any debris, dirt, or cobwebs that linger around your windows. If necessary, use a card or soft plastic scraper to scrape off any hard, sticky substances or dirt that may be difficult to remove. (Be careful and not to scrape off any finishes!) Now would be a great time to inspect (might as well) and clean the exterior surfaces nearby!
2. Fill your bucket halfway with warm water and add some drops of dish liquid (or you may opt to use a favourite solution cleaner of your choice). Damp the scrubbing pad with the bucket of solution and wipe your windows with the pad.
3. Next, use a squeegee on the windows, applying in a ‘n-shape’ wiping motion (think of the shape of a rainbow), starting at the top from one side, moving and curving side to side, as you work your way down in the ‘n-shape’ wiping motion. This wiping method will prevent any water mark residues that may be left behind on the sides of the windows.
4. Lastly, use a dry cloth to wipe off any excessive moisture, and let windows dry.
For extra easy cleaning, look for windows that allow you to clean the exterior glass surface from inside the home. Casement windows are specially designed to allow you to clean from the inside. Windsor’s double hung windows, in both the Pinnacle wood line and Legend CPVC line, are available with EZ Tilt sashes. This clever design allows you to disengage the sash, tilting it inward, which makes cleaning and maintaining your windows much easier. Our Next Dimension single hung vinyl windows are designed with a similar benefit. The Easy-Out Sash System integrates a deep, rigid extruded vinyl pocket, which creates an overlapping frame for the sash. This proven side-load design allows for complete removal of the lower sash, which allows access to the entire window from the inside. You can have easy-to-maintain and stylish windows all in one go!